At AA Getaways, we are always on the look out for potential team members who possess the enthusiasm and drive to help us achieve our ambitious growth plans. If you have experience in finance, operations, reservations, sales or marketing then keep your eyes peeled for our latest vacancies. All roles are based at our offices in Shefford, Bedfordshire.
Sales Support Advisor
Reporting to Call Centre Supervisor / Manager
Current working hours: 37.5 hours per week PLUS 1 x Saturday in 3 (time and a half).
The occasional Sunday and/or Bank Holiday (double time) according to business needs.
Salary: This is a commission based role. Basic Salary advised on application, plus commission (2.5% of gross margin achieved on all bookings) OTE approx £17-22k p.a. depending on sales ability.
Holidays: 20 days + bank holidays
AA Getaways has been established nearly 20 years as a Short Break tour operator based in Shefford, Bedfordshire. We are part of the Acromas Holidays Ltd group of companies, including The AA Automobile Association, SAGA and Titan Tours.
Our business has developed rapidly and offers a whole range of short breaks including European motoring breaks, Eurostar breaks and European and UK City breaks to over 30 destinations in Europe and North Africa.
Our business is unique and exciting, as we work in the highly competitive market of media travel and direct sales. We do not deal directly with the retail travel trade sector.
AA Getaways provides the best value travel offers and promotions to leading national newspaper media titles as well to all AA members! This means that at times the call center can be very busy as we organize almost 10,000 short breaks a year and can service in excess of 40,000 calls per year.
This important role requires a sales agent whose primary objective will be to exceed all set KPI’s including revenue, conversion & margin targets whilst maintaining excellent customer satisfaction levels.
The chosen individual will be self-motivated, flexible with their working hours (as these can often change at short notice depending on business needs), a team player and an excellent communicator with a commitment to achieving individual targets in order to meet business targets.
The Sales Agent is the first point of contact for all customers and creating an impression of professionalism, trust and integrity is a must.
Optimise the number of incoming calls and email requests and convert these to secure bookings ensuring all KPI’s are met in the process as outlined by the Call Centre Manager and/or Supervisor.
Deliver a superior customer service experience.
1) To convert inbound customer booking enquires into secure bookings ensuring conversion, revenue and margin KPI’s are met or exceeded as set by the Call Centre Manager.
2) Chase all non-secured business on a daily basis or as directed and perform self-booking audits for all secured business.
3) To provide excellent customer service to ensure a smooth booking process, ensure customer service satisfaction and to ensure all customers are treated fairly according to business guidelines.
4) Effectively communicate with customers to ensure we meet their needs.
5) Actively seek opportunities for multi-skilling and learning new skills.
6) Attend team briefing meetings as and when directed by the Call Centre Manager. At times these maybe outside normal working hours i.e. prior or at the end of a shift.
7) Attend all company external training sessions including educational trips to enhance with self development at the discretion of the Call Centre Manager or Supervisor.
8) Attend regular performance review meetings as and when required to agree objectives (usually every 6 months). In addition to this to participate in regular “metric” sessions with the Supervisor.
9) To have a flexible approach towards working practices depending on the needs of the business.
10) Any other duties as directed by the Call Centre Manager or Supervisor.
11) Assist with administration duties as and when required depending on the needs of the business.
1) Good organizational & time management skills
2) Basic knowledge of HTML
3) Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
4) Experience in copywriting
5) Good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
6) Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
7) Excellent attention to detail
8) Excellent written and verbal communication
9) Strong team player
Training and skill requirements
1) Minimum 2 Years travel related or sales/admin customer facing experience.
2) Proven track record of achieving sales targets. (Evidence may be required at interview).
3) Good communication skills.
4) To posses a hunger to learn new skills
5) Experience in using a GDS – Amadeus preferred.
6) Must be flexible in their general approach.
7) Word, Outlook, Excel : Basic level.
8) Excellent Organisational skills.
9) Team Player & Highly customer-focused.
10) High level of initiative as there will be times when unsupervised shifts are necessary.
11) Able to perform well in a pressurised environment.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter to