View breaks >>
Barcelona has no off-season - there is always something to see and do. However, May to June and mid-September to mid-November are ideal visiting times, with perfect temperatures and bearable crowds. Summer can be very hot, and you'll have to contend with huge crowds. Spring (March to May) is a good time to visit; pleasantly warm, though it can be cloudy. Summer (June to September) is the hottest season with very high temperatures in July and August. Autumn (October to November) is normally Barcelona's wettest season, with heavy rain and thunderstorms as summer heat abate. Winter (December to February) brings rain up to Christmas, followed by cooler, drier weather, though temperatures are rarely much below 10 °C ( 50 °F).
Read more on this destination in The AA City pack Guide to Barcelona.
Average climate in Barcelona
- January: Average Temp, 14 (°C) 57 (°F)
- February: Average Temp, 15 (°C) 59 (°F)
- March: Average Temp, 17 (°C) 63 (°F)
- April: Average Temp, 19 (°C) 66 (°F)
- May: Average Temp, 22 (°C) 72 (°F)
- June: Average Temp, 25 (°C) 77 (°F)
- July: Average Temp, 29 (°C) 84 (°F)
- August: Average Temp, 29 (°C) 84 (°F)
- September: Average Temp, 27 (°C) 81 (°F)
- October: Average Temp, 23 (°C) 73 (°F)
- November: Average Temp, 18 (°C) 64 (°F)
- December: Average Temp, 15 (°C) 59 (°F)