View breaks >>
Milan, located relatively close to the Swiss border, has a contintental climate characterized by hot, humid summers and cold, damp winters. The city is protected somewhat from the severity of winter by the Alps, located north of the city. However, it often experiences thick fog and heavy rain, with snowfall becoming prominent between December and February. Summers are subtropical and can see temperatures rising above 30°c, particularly during August. Milan sometimes experiences dramatic thunderstorms in the summer, as a result of cold air from the Alps and mild winds blowing in from the Mediterranean.
Read more on this destination in The AA City Pack Guide to Milan.
Average climate in Milan
- January: Average Temp - 5 (°C) 40 (°F)
- February: Average Temp - 8 (°C) 46 (°F)
- March: Average Temp - 13 (°C) 56 (°F)
- April: Average Temp - 17 (°C) 63 (°F)
- May: Average Temp - 22 (°C) 71 (°F)
- June: Average Temp - 26 (°C) 79 (°F)
- July: Average Temp - 29 (°C) 84 (°F)
- August: Average Temp - 28 (°C) 82 (°F)
- September: Average Temp - 24 (°C) 76 (°F)
- October: Average Temp - 19 (°C) 66 (°F)
- November: Average Temp - 10 (°C) 50 (°F)
- December: Average Temp - 5 (°C) 41 (°F)